The State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) includes independent living goals and objectives, outreach plans, and funding priorities. The SPIL shall be reviewed and revised not less than once every three years, to ensure the existence of appropriate planning, financial support and coordination, and other assistance to appropriately address, on a statewide and comprehensive basis, the needs in the State for:
- The provision of State independent living services;
- The development and support of a statewide network of centers for independent living;
- Working relationships between programs providing independent living services and independent living centers, the vocational rehabilitation program established under title I, and other programs providing services for individuals with disabilities.
Use the following links to view and or download the latest versions of the SPIL:
- Download a PDF version of the Plan for 2017 – 2019.
- Download a PDF version of the Plan for 2014 – 2016.
This version via Bureau of Rehabilitation Services – Maine Department of Labor is suitable for printing and reading off-line